Sunday, March 2, 2014

Nordic French Brocante Style Chest of Drawers in 1 Inch Scale

Good Sunday Friends,

I've been playing with some ideas. We've got 'weather' again (read that blech, more snow!) so the Nordic French style is quite apropos with its coolness and light. Doesn't necessarily make one feel 'warm and fuzzy' but it is lovely in its stark, time worn way.

Don't mind the crazy over-sized lavendar, lol, I need to get out my flower making supplies and make some more realistic looking plants.

I really like the motif on the chest of drawers - what do you think?  I definitely want to explore this technique.

The dress form and chair are  Chrysnbon  kits (available in my shop, contact me if you'd like to order) that I have painted and distressed. The little chaise lounge is a cheaper wood piece that I reupholstered with linen. In retrospect, I wish I had made it a little more plush with a thicker seat cushion with piping...maybe I will re-do it.






Hope you have a lovely evening!

~Daphne


3 comments:

  1. Lindos nóveis, Daphne!
    A técnica de acabamento aplicada à cômoda é muito bonita! Belo trabalho!
    Abraços.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohh! I love that chest of drawers. The result is truly spectacular, with an ancient and modern air though. Congratulations. You have great style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chest of drawers with the old advertising on - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments!