Monday, May 7, 2012

So, You Probably, Maybe Didn't Know This About Me



but.... I absolutely ADORE Mid Century Modern and Danish Modern style. I am, in fact looking for our RL dream home...believe it or not, Mid Century Moderns do exist here in farm country!
We won't be buying for a little while but if I find the ONE, I will be pressuring hubs, leasebound or not! :)




It's something I've been interested in for a long time but really had only dipped my toes into those miniature waters.
I just won this on evilbay, and probably overpaid for it but I am so in love with the whole set!
Dig that room divider!!!





I am slowly building my stash of MCM furnishings and odds and ends and bits and bobs so I can build some scenes to photograph...for my own pure, unadulterated pleasure :D
I've done few Mod scenes with my Blythe dolls but never any 1:12th scale.

There are so many wonderful and inspiring Mini Modern bloggers out there...thank you all for sharing in the blogosphere!
Here are just a few, there are more and you can probably find them in my sidebar:
http://minimodern.blogspot.com - a truly devout miniature modernist and collector with exquisite tastes.
http://call-small.blogspot.com/ - Brilliant Miniaturist who never ceases to amaze me.
http://raumfuerraum.blogspot.com/ -What can I say? This dear woman keeps me gobsmacked with her brilliant use of the everyday object.
http://minimodpod.blogspot.com - Another brilliant miniaturist with lots of mod eye candy.
http://amazingminiatures.com/blog/ - Fantaculous MCM furnishings and a sweet and sharing nature.
Hope you will visit some of these fabulous bloggers!

Not that I am giving up on any of the other styles that I love so much... I still enjoy making all things shabby and chic as well as cottage-y and storybook-ish. It's a wide and wondrous world that we can recreate in miniature, no?



6 comments:

  1. This set is fantastic. I like the chairs.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que precioso rincon, enhorabuena por haberlo conseguido me parece fantastico.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautyfull chairs. They are so lovely.

    LG Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. E' un set davvero molto originale, le sedie sono stupende!
    Un bacio
    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, Daphne! I love mid-century modern too. I always wanted to live in a cottage-style house but we ended up with a mid-century ranch. Over time I've grown to love its simplicity and openness and have also grown to love the MCM look. Since I don't live in a cottage, I especially enjoy building mini cottage houses. But get this--I'll soon be unveiling my own mini MCM home to add to my mini collection.

    I love how we can create fantasy scenes and homes in whatever style! Soon I'll have the late-Victorian farmhouse, the shabby 1920s Lovers Cottage, the romantic shabby country vintage kitchen AND the MCM that's still under wraps. My tastes cannot be pigeon-holed--I'm sure there's still more to come! :-)

    Thanks for an interesting post! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't tell me you were the one who won that wonderful set on Ebay...I will be so jealous!

    I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments!