Saturday, July 2, 2011

Of Husbands and Mid Life Crises..Oh and Some Minis

Happy Weekend!
HAHA! As I write this, my husband has cranked up the Ramones on the stereo. I really think he is having a mid life crisis. He just bought a Karmann Ghia. Anyone want to give me advice on a middle aged husband? Feel free to email me or leave comments with tips on taking advantage of his condition, please ;)

WOW! 21 followers! I'd better get to work on the giveaway prize! A big WELCOME and Thank you for sharing my little world with me.

I have something special in store for you in the coming weeks. Nana will be making her debut along with some narrative and a bit of mystery. (aggh, hopefully, I dunno if I'm so good at writing mystery but I will try to make it fun.) The idea for the mystery/humor just hit me a little while ago. My husband was...ahem again, being childlike and setting off firecrackers...ladyfingers....and BOOM, the idea hit.

Enough babbling...here we go...
Paper Jug and French Can Spam...sorry. ;) I just love them.
I would love to know who came up with the idea. I saw them in a Japanese craft book and thought maybe that was where they originated? Anyone know?













I also attempted a paper pot, it needs lots of work. I might try them in clay instead.






The two little cake stands are cast in resin. I need practice and patience with that as well. LOL, I couldn't wait and took them out of the molds a little too soon. One thing about that though, the resin was still soft and malleable so one could shape it if desired. They do look like milk glass. I put the roses on the plates and the labels on the canisters a la Carolyn of Carolyn's Little Kitchen Thank you Carolyn!

Well, that's it for today, I must go entertain the children...even the big one.
Hugs,
Daphne


6 comments:

  1. I think it was Marlie who made the jugs. Check out her beautiful blog. She also has printies, lots of them (!) that you might like.
    http://marliesminies.blogspot.com/2009/03/pattern_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne 26 followers and more....your creations are so specials and I love them!!! Miniregards,Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck figuring out that hubby of yours - they're every bit as mysterious in their own way as we women are supposed to be :)

    I love all of these little projects. And just adore your aging of the wallpaper, etc in your rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you , Daphne for the link to Carolyn's kitchen. Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creations. I'm happy to have found a new lovely blog!

    Husbands are so hard to understand. But boy did I want a Kharmann Ghia like crazy when I was younger. Wouldn't mind one now. Maybe I'm going through a midlife crisis too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очень уютная кухня. Столько мелочей, все такое необычайно красивое и интересное... Можно часами сидеть и рассматривать каждую вашу работу.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments!