It's a beautiful day!
I finished up the bed last night. Thank you all for your comments and advice. I agree that with the linens on the bed, the edges are softened making the bed look less clunky. I did like the idea of using the foot board as the head board but after repairing and painting the whole thing once already, I didn't want to tear it all apart again :)
The bed linens were made from a Rachel Ashwell, Shabby Chic valance that I got on clearance at Target...I've used the fabric from that for so many projects. It has beautiful embroidery on it and is a very fine, lightweight cotton.
The 'painting' above the bed is another Hobby Lobby find. They are putting out their Christmas items and this was among them. It started as a small metal plaque in a dark mossy green. I painted it and distressed it and then added some translucent stickers and topped it with some gloss.
The two little white pillows are made just like real pillows with cases and filled with fine glass beads so they will 'scrunch' naturally. The roses pillow was kind of a cheater pillow, I just made the pillow case and then filled and stitched closed. I want to add some smaller square pillows and a bolster.