Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shabby Coastal Living in the Dollhouse









Hello Friends :) I hope you are having a happy day. It is beautiful here today and has been for most of the week.

I've been busy. This idea was floating around in my head...well, sort of...I'm still learning to make things look the way they are in the pictures in my mind. I think the most fun is coming up with ways to engineer things. I did get some little things cast in resin, but boy, is that difficult LOL!
I am going to have to take a class or something. I also made the cold porcelain as mentioned in my last post but really haven't tried to make anything with it yet. It is very lovely and creamy in color with a slight translucence. I hope it's durable.





Almost all the little bits and bobs are hand made. The only exception being the little shell dish full of pearls and tiny shells...it's an old earring.

This set is going into the shop...includes the rug.

5 comments:

  1. That beautiful piece of furniture, I really like what you painted and decorated with many marine motifs, the result is perfect, a warm greeting, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have found your blog Daphne, LOVE your style. Adding you to my Blog List immediately - hope others will find you from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! è davvero bellissimo trovo l'abbinamento mare e shabby fantastico ciao rosa.kreattiva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have found your blog! I see you have signed up for Caterina's swap. I hope you will be my partner!
    I LOVE THIS SEA SIDE ROOM! So many wonderful little beachy things! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone :D I'm so glad you like the seaside theme!
    Yes, Kathi, I've not done a swap before...I'm nervous LOL! I know it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments!